Macon-Bibb CountyCode Enforcement
700 Poplar St. 1st Floor
Macon, GA 31201
Office Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When is grass considered to be in violation?
The grass is officially in violation of the MBC code when it reaches a height of 12 inches or higher.
2. Does the Department of Code Enforcement handle complaints about animals?
No. Contact the animal control officer with the Animal Service for concerns about animals (478-621-6797).
3. I have a neighbor who is a repeat offender. Do I have to file an inspection request every time I have a concern?
Yes. Although the Department of Code Enforcement is proactively looking for problem properties, we are unable to see everything. By filing an inspection request every time there is a concern, it ensures the property will be inspected in a timely fashion.
4. I have a mold and/or mildew issue; can you help me with my problem?
The Department of Code Enforcement does not do any testing or sampling of alleged mold or mildew. This should be referred to the Health Department. If there is significant water damage that has resulted from a leaky roof or a plumbing problem and the structural integrity of the building has been compromised, then a Notice of Violation letter will be issued to the property owner or management company. The level of water damage and structural problems will be determined by the code enforcement officer.
8. I have received a Notice of Violation letter for the Department of Code Enforcement, what do I do now?
If you make the necessary repairs or perform the necessary maintenance prior to the compliance date on the letter, call the Department of Code Enforcement at 478-803-0470 and report this compliance. If you are unable to complete to repairs or perform the necessary maintenance call the Department of Code Enforcement at 478-803-0470 and provide your address and contact number. A Code Enforcement Officer will contact you to discuss the issue.