State Court of Bibb County
Welcome to the State Court of Bibb County website. We hope the information on this website will be helpful. If you have any questions, please call the Clerk’s Office: (478) 621-6200.
- If you have a traffic citation that directs you to appear in State Court, you may be able to pay the citation without coming to Court. Click on the link “Traffic Tickets/Citations.” Please note many traffic citations are issued for Macon-Bibb County Municipal Court, which is not this Court. The Municipal Court has a separate website and a separate process for its tickets.
- All defendants are encouraged to Handle Your Criminal Case Online. If you can do so, you will not have to come to the Courthouse. For more information, click the link to “Handle Your Criminal Case Online.”
- Anyone who has a COVID-19 related basis to be excused from Court should contact the chambers of Judge Sharell Lewis (478-310-3637), at least seventy-two (72) hours before the scheduled Court date. Leaving a voice mail does not relieve a party of the requirement to appear on the scheduled Court date. Failure to appear for a scheduled Court date in a criminal case may result in a warrant for your arrest.
- Most civil hearings are being held by teleconference or video conference.
- The Court is handling all inmate cases (arraignments, pleas, probation revocations) by video on Tuesdays at 8:15 AM. These may be observed in the courtroom at the J. Taylor Phillips Courthouse.
- For in-person proceedings, the Court will continue to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Georgia Department of Public Health. Facial coverings are presently encouraged, but not required. We are monitoring the COVID numbers in Macon-Bibb County, which have been steadily increasing. Please wear masks and practice social distancing when you can.
Criminal case e-filing is available. Pleadings may be filed through PeachCourt. (Click on the link on the website to register and file. There is no cost to e-file in criminal cases.) All lawyers and parties are encouraged to file pleadings electronically rather than in person; however, e-filing is not presently mandatory in criminal cases. If you have questions or issues related to PeachCourt, go to https://peachcourt.com. There is a “Need Help” link on their website.
Civil case e-filing is mandatory in most civil cases. Even in older cases in which e-filing may not be mandatory, lawyers and parties are encouraged to file pleadings electronically rather than in person. Pleadings may be filed through PeachCourt. (Click on the link on the website to register and file. There is a cost for civil e-filing.) If you have questions or issues related to PeachCourt, go to https://peachcourt.com. There is a “Need Help” link on their website.
If you have questions about the Court’s processes, please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you for your flexibility and cooperation.
Chief Judge, State Court of Bibb County
July 21, 2022
|Jeff Hanson||Chief Judge|
|Sharell F. Lewis||Judge|
|Patti Graves||State Court Clerk||(478) 621-6200|
|Amy Hartley||Chief Probation Officer||(478) 621-6679|
|Pam Forbes||Administrative Assistant to Judge Hanson||(478) 310-3635|
|Brittini Dees||Administrative Assistant to Judge Lewis||(478) 310-3637|
J. Taylor Phillips Courthouse
601 Mulberry Street, Room 500
Macon, GA 31201
PO Box 5086
Macon, GA 31213-7199
Telephone: (478) 621-6200
Fax: (478) 621-6008
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.