VOTER ID REFERENCE SHEET
Voters who cast their votes in person must show one of six forms of photo identification. If the voter votes BY MAIL, they DO NOT need a photo ID. Photo ID rules ONLY APPLY to IN-PERSON voting by absentee, advance voting or at the polling place on Election Day.
- A current or expired Georgia driver’s license (or Department of Driver Services identification card);
- A valid United States military photo identification card;
- A valid photo identification card issued by any branch, department agency, or entity of the United States, Georgia, or any other state authorized by law to issue personal identification, including a FREE Georgia Voter Identification Card;
- A valid employee photo identification card issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the United States, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority of other entity of Georgia;
- A valid United States passport; or
- A valid tribal photo identification card.
Any elector who registered for the first time in Georgia by mail, and did not provide identification at the time of registering may provide one of the six (6) items of photo identification listed above, or for the electors first time voting, may provide one of the following forms of identification: copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of elector. IF ELECTOR CANNOT PROVIDE ANY OF THE ABOVE LISTED ID’S THEY MAY VOTE A PROVISIONAL BALLOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH O.C.G.A. 21-2-220 and 21-2-417. If the voter does not have a Georgia driver’s license, or other qualified ID, they can obtain either a FREE Georgia Identification Card from the Department of Driver Services or a FREE Georgia Voter Identification Card at their county registrar’s office.
For more information, please contact the Macon-Bibb County Board of Elections
Address: 2525 Pio Nono Ave., Ste 1200, Macon, GA 31206.
Office hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
In order to get a FREE Georgia Voter Identification Card, a voter will need to provide the following:
- A photo identity document, or a non-photo identity document (must include voter’s full legal name and date of birth);
- and Documentation showing the voter’s date of birth;
- and Evidence that voter is registered to vote in Georgia;
- and Documentation showing the voter’s name and address of principal residence.
The voter may use the same document to satisfy more than one of the above requirements. For additional information, please visit the Secretary of State’s web page at www.sos.state.ga.us