CONSTRUCTION CODE ADOPTION
Effective January 1, 2020
Macon-Bibb County will be enforcing those construction codes adopted by the State of Georgia for enforcement by the local municipalities within the state. These codes are applicable to ALL projects where the permit application was submitted on or after January 2, 2020. All permit applications submitted prior to January 1, 2020 will fall under the previously adopted State of Georgia construction codes.
The following codes will be enforced by the Department of Business Development Services for projects submitted for permitting after January 1, 2020:
- 2018 International Building Code (2018 IBC)
- 2018 International Fire Code (2018 IFC)
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code (2018 IFGC)
- 2018 International Mechanical Code (2018 IMC)
- 2018 International Plumbing Code (2018 IPC)
- 2018 International Residential Code (2018 IRC)
- 2018 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code (2018 ISPSC)
- 2018 Life Safety Code (2018 LSC)
- 2017 National Electrical Code (2018 NEC)
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code (2015 IECC)
- 2012 International Wildland Urban Interface Code (2012 IWUIC)
Most of the above adopted codes have been amended by the State of Georgia. All projects submitted for permitting under these codes must comply with both the adopted codes and the adopted amendments. The amendments are available through the Georgia Department of Community Affairs, and the Georgia State Fire Marshal for the amendments to the 2018 International Fire Code, the 2018 Life Safety Code and the 2012 International Wildland Urban Interface Code.
Click Here to download this document.