Macon-Bibb CountyHuman Resources
Health and Wellness Division
Health and Wellness plays a key role in designing and managing workplace wellness programs. HR’s responsibilities with respect to wellness programs includes the following:
- Advocating for the establishment of such programs to achieve strategic objectives.
- Assessing wellness program options.
- Designing and implementing various types of wellness programs.
- Enlisting the help of experts when and where needed.
- Communicating to employees about the organization’s wellness program components to encourage and increase participation in such programs.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of workplace wellness programs.
- Monitoring changes in the law and in the global employment environment relative to wellness programs.
- Making recommendations for and implementing improvements in wellness programs.
Some wellness benefits help employees deal with preventable and chronic conditions such as obesity, high glucose, and elevated cholesterol. Other wellness benefits are incentive programs designed to motivate employees to complete certain health and wellness activities such as annual health risk assessments, smoking cessation programs or weight loss programs. Often employers offer preventive health and wellness information through varied channels, including wellness publications or health fairs, to help make employees aware of wellness issues and provide them with tools to live a healthy lifestyle.
The Macon Wellness Matter wellness program
Congradulate our **ROCK STARS** for the first 3-week period in the Macon Wellness Matter Pilot Program, Cassandra Bell and LaShonda Taylor, both work in the front office of Facilities Management!!! We are so proud of you for taking this program seriously and using the resources provided to your advantage. You have been killin’ it with your workouts, continuously motivate and encourage your teammates in the Garmin Community and Facebook group and have reached out to me numerous times with questions, concerns, advice seeking, etc. You have won a Fresh Market gift card for $50!! WAY TO GO!!!
In addition, listed below are the 7 ‘over-achievers’ from the Pilot Program group and committee members: (All of you have won a special prize ❤ Please arrange a time with Shannon (firstname.lastname@example.org) to pick it up in Human Resources and be prepared for bragging rights pictures to be taken.)
**Make sure you are logging workouts in the Garmin app and sharing with the Macon Wellness Matter group as one of the main eligibilities for future rewards!!
LaShanta Riggins, Recreation
Grand Prize Winner…LaShonda Taylor, Facilities Management
Grand Prize Winner…Cassandra Bell, Facilities Management
Sgt. Nicole Groover, Sheriff
Sgt. Jean Lebeuf, Sheriff and Nan Tharpe, Procurement
Robert McCord, EMA
Wellness Coordinator/HR Generalist