Macon-Bibb CountyHuman Resources
BENEFITS DIVISION PURPOSE STATEMENT
- Our mission is to provide comprehensive benefits, services and programs to eligible employees, retirees, and their dependents which:
- Meet and anticipate their individual needs.
- Assure the County’s competitiveness with other employers to attract and retain employees.
- Maximize cost effectiveness; and,
- Assure optimal health and productivity of employee.
BENEFITS DIVISION GOALS
- Provide ongoing equitable benefits based on legal requirements, eligibility, Memoranda of Understanding, and County policies.
- Collaborate with employees, retirees, and others to assure that selected benefits programs and services are responsive to their needs.
- Communicate benefits information to employees, retirees and their dependents which enables them to tailor coverage to meet their needs.
- Explore alternate or additional benefits and financial structures that maximize affordable coverage.
- Represent employees, retirees, and dependents in their efforts to resolve benefit problems with external providers.
- Provide health and fitness programs and activities that improve employee health and promote well-being.
- Provide sound fiscal and contract management of benefits programs.
- Provide information to other private and public sector employers.