Macon-Bibb CountyHuman Resources
Education and Academic Programs
In a partnership between the Macon-Bibb County Government and Middle Georgia State University. Middle Georgia State University promotes affordable, accredited, flexible educational offerings worldwide, but especially to our county employees here in Central Georgia. We want to ensure every employee, contractor, and family member is aware of the current benefits of this collaboration. Please refer to the below list of items for details related to Middle Georgia State University Academic Programs.
Why attend Middle Georgia State University?
Middle Georgia State is delighted to highlight an expanded partnership with Macon-Bibb County Government employees, family members, and contractors for 2022-23.
- Each course is 8 weeks from start to finish and 100% online
- Tuition is one flat rate beginning at $131 per undergraduate credit hour for in-state and out-of-state residence
- Prospective students may apply, and be accepted, year-round
- Flexibility to start and stop is permitted for every student
- A variety of certificates, associates, bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees are available
- Consideration is given for prior earned college credit so that you may complete your degree sooner
- Support with the admissions process available on-site (at the County Government building) at no cost
How do I enroll at Middle Georgia State University?
To enroll and take advantage of these benefits Macon-Bibb County Government employees, family members, and contractors alike are invited to do the following:
- Meet the University staff and learn more about our certificates and degrees, associated costs, scholarships, and much more at a Corporate Meet & Greet (call 478-845-4707)
- Apply for undergraduate admission (https://gafutures.xap.com/applications/usg/USG_Common_2021/apply.html?application_id=4019) or graduate admission (https://www.mga.edu/graduate-studies/apply.php) 24 hours a day/7 days a week
- Visit the MGA Online Campus landing page – https://online.mga.edu/ to view available certificates and degrees
- Utilize the Family and Friends Undergraduate Application Fee Waiver Code – Apply1
- Utilize the County Government customer support phone line (478.845.4707) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for quicker service than the general population
- View a snippet of the excitement via this video: https://youtu.be/OM9ye0PLBVs