Macon-Bibb CountyHuman Resources
The objectives of compensation management are to attract, engage, and retain employees through competitive compensation plans that align with the company budget, corresponding job-market, and government regulations. Compensation is a systematic approach to providing monetary value to employees in exchange for work performed. Compensation may achieve several purposes assisting in recruitment, job performance, and job satisfaction.
Compensation is a tool used by management for a variety of purposes to further the existence of the company. Compensation may be adjusted according to the business needs, goals, and available resources.
Compensation may be used to:
- recruit and retain qualified employees.
- increase or maintain morale/satisfaction.
- reward and encourage peak performance.
- achieve internal and external equity.
- reduce turnover and encourage company loyalty.
Tunyu Alsobrook-Ibanez, MISM
Montina Samuels, MPA