Weapons Carry License
The Probate Court is now taking appointments for completion of weapons carry applications. If you have completed a new or renewal application please click here to request an appointment. You must complete an application online and receive a confirmation number BEFORE making an appointment.
Please check back periodically for updates.
To replace a lost or stolen license or to change an address or name please see instructions below for mail in application.
Applications are accepted Monday through Friday from 8:00 to 4:00 p.m. by appointment only Note: Customers need to arrive prior to 4 p.m. to allow sufficient time to conclude all business with the Court. There will be no payments accepted after 4:30 p.m.
Obtaining a Weapons Carry License in Bibb County
In order to obtain a weapons carry license in Georgia, you are required to be photographed, fingerprinted, and must undergo a criminal background investigation by the GBI and FBI. Upon receipt of the background investigations, if there is nothing to prohibit the issuance of your license, we will issue your license to you. The background investigations may take as long as one month. The license is valid for five years, unless revoked. To apply for a weapons carry license, you must:
- Apply for your weapons carry license in the county in which you are domiciled
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Applicant who is not a citizen of the United states must provide proof of legal presence in the U.S.
- Naturalized citizens of the U.S. must provide naturalization certificate and original INS number
- If you are 18-20 years of age, you may apply for a weapons carry license if adequate proof of the following is provided to the court:
- That you have completed basic training and
- That you are actively serving in the armed forces of the United States or that you have been honorably discharged from such service.
Applicants Must Bring the Following Items to Probate Court
Valid Georgia identification with current Macon-Bibb County address (P.O. boxes are not accepted); If your ID does not show your current Macon-Bibb County address, you must adequately prove your domicile by providing the court sufficient documentation such as (more than one will be required):
- Government issued ID card
- Voter registration card
- Income tax records
- Property tax statement
- Utility bills
- Lease agreement
Applicants for Renewal License
To apply for a renewal, you must present a valid weapons carry license which, at the time of submission of the renewal application:
- cannot be more than 30 days expired and
- cannot have more than 90 days remaining until expiration
Renewal Fee: $30.00 Cash, Debit card, MasterCard, or Visa Card (additional service fee assessed to card)
Applicants for Replacement License
If your license is lost, damaged, or stolen, you may obtain a replacement. You must report such loss or damage to this court within 48 hours of discovering it. If your license is damaged, you should bring it with you. Replacement Fee: $7.00 Cash, Debit card, MasterCard, or Visa card(additional service fee assessed to card)
|Type of Fee||Cost||Payment Type|
|Original License||$79.00||Cash, Money Order, or MasterCard/Visa Card (With Service Charge Fee)|
|Renewal License||$30.00||Cash, Money Order, or MasterCard/Visa Card (With Service Charge Fee)|
|Replacement of Lost or Stolen Card or Change of Address||$7.00||Cash, Money Order, or MasterCard/Visa Card (With Service Charge Fee)|
*Effective November 1, 2020, FeePay will change from the current tiered amount for the convenience fee to a fixed percentage of 4.5% for the convenience fee. *No 50 or 100 dollar bills accepted