1. Notice is hereby given that the Macon-Bibb County Board of Commissioners will receive sealed bids in the Procurement Department, Suite 308, Macon-Bibb Government Center, 700 Poplar Street, Macon, Georgia 31201, until 12:00 o’clock NOON at the time legally prevailing in Macon, Georgia on Thursday August 17, 2017 for Douglass Theater Roof Repair for the Macon-Bibb County Facilities Maintenance, Macon, Bibb County, Georgia.
2. NO BIDS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DESIGNATED TIME.
3. Bids will be publicly opened in the Macon-Bibb County Procurement Department Conference Room on Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 2:00 pm.
4. Minority, Women Owned and other Disadvantaged Business Enterprises are encouraged to participate in the solicitation process. Additionally, respondents are encouraged to use M/W/DBE subcontractors where possible. Small and other disadvantaged businesses requiring assistance with the competitive process can contact Dr. James Louis Bumpus, Director of Small Business Affairs at (478) 951-2192 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
B. Bid Documents
18-006-NT Douglas Theater Roof Repair
Attachment A – Required Submittal Documents (Construction)
1. Bid documents may be examined and obtained at the Macon-Bibb County Procurement Department, Suite 308, Government Center, 700 Poplar Street, Macon, Georgia 31201, by calling (478) 803-0550, or may be viewed and downloaded from one of the links included below:
Georgia Procurement Registry website http://ssl.doas.state.ga.us/PRSapp/PR_custom_index.jsp?agency=61100
Macon-Bibb County Procurement Page www.maconbibb.us/purchasing
A pre-bid conference is scheduled for 10:00 o’clock a.m., Wednesday, August 9, 2017 in the Procurement Conference Room located at 700 Poplar Street, Suite 308, Macon, GA 31201. This pre-bid is mandatory; contractor must be present in order to submit a response.
D. Bid Bond
1. Bids, in order to be considered, shall be accompanied by a bid bond, payable to the Owner, in amount not less than five-percent (5%) of the total base bid.
a) This bid security shall become payable to the Owner only if the bidder, to whom award is made, should fail to execute a contract with the Owner and furnish bond and insurance in accordance with terms of the contract within ten (10) days after notification of award.
E. Sealed Bids
1. Envelopes shall be identified on the outside as
“Bid 18-006-NT Douglass Theater Roof Repair”
And delivered by hand or mailed to:
Macon-Bibb County Procurement Department
700 Poplar Street, Suite 308
Macon, Georgia 31201