1. Notice is hereby given that the Macon-Bibb County Board of Commissioners will receive sealed bids in the Procurement Department, Suite 800, Macon-Bibb Government Center Annex, 682 Cherry Street, Macon, Georgia 31201, until 12:00 o’clock NOON at the time legally prevailing in Macon, Georgia on Thursday, May 14, 2015 for 15-058-CW for the Macon-Bibb County Engineering Department, Macon, Bibb County, Georgia.
2. NO BIDS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DESIGNATED TIME.
3. Bids will be publicly opened in the Macon-Bibb County Procurement Department Conference Room on May 14, 2015 at 2:00 pm.
4. Minority, Women Owned and other Disadvantaged Business Enterprises are encouraged to participate in the solicitation process. Additionally, respondents are encouraged to use M/W/DBE subcontractors where possible. Small and other disadvantaged businesses requiring assistance with the competitive process can contact Dr. James Louis Bumpus, Director of Small Business Affairs at (478) 951-2192 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
B. Bid Documents
1. Bid documents may be examined and obtained at the Macon-Bibb County Procurement Department, Suite 800, Government Center Annex, 682 Cherry Street, Macon, Georgia 31201, by calling (478) 803-0550, or may be viewed and downloaded from one of the links included below:
Georgia Procurement Registry website http://ssl.doas.state.ga.us/PRSapp/PR_custom_index.jsp?agency=61100
Macon-Bibb County Procurement Page www.maconbibb.us/purchasing
Link to Bid Document: 15-058-CW Concrete Street Repair
Attachment A: Attachment A – Required Submission Documents
Attachment B: Attachment B – Specifications
Attachment C: Attachment C – Drawings
1. No pre-bid has been scheduled for this bid.
D. Bid Bond
1. Bids, in order to be considered, shall be accompanied by a bid bond, payable to the Owner, in amount not less than five-percent (5%) of the total base bid.
a) This bid security shall become payable to the Owner only if the bidder, to whom award is made, should fail to execute a contract with the Owner and furnish bond and insurance in accordance with terms of the contract within ten (10) days after notification of award.
E. Sealed Bids
Envelopes shall be identified on the outside as:
“Bid 15-058-CW # – Concrete Street Repair”
and delivered by hand or mailed to:
Macon-Bibb County Procurement Department
Suite 800, 682 Cherry Street
Macon, Georgia 31201