Macon-Bibb County has been named a Top Fixer by SeeClickFix for the second year, meaning it is one of the top 10 communities nationally providing services. In 2019, 12,437 of service requests (or 93.6%) made through SeeClickFix (either online, through the free mobile app, or by phone), making them the fourth city on the list of cities with populations greater than 150,000. The announcement was made in a web post on the SeeClickFix website in early February. Click here to read the full post.
“Our departments deserve a great deal of appreciation for what they do to meet the needs of our community. Every day, they are trying to make sure people are taken care of,” says Macon-Bibb Public Relations Specialist Denise Mercer. “Thank you to our community for letting us know how we can help and to our crews and office staff for resolving the issues.”
“Macon-Bibb County launched SeeClickFix in 2012 and was one of the first counties to implement a transparent 311 request system. Since then, they have resolved more than 116,000 issues, markedly improving the quality of life in the communities they serve,” says Steve Machesney, Director of Marketing for SeeClickFix. “We congratulate them on making it onto SeeClickFix’s 2019 Top Fixers list.”
Using SeeClickFix, people can report issues like potholes, illegal dumping, overgrown parks, and blight issues directly to the Macon-Bibb County departments. This can be done through the free mobile application, through the Macon-Bibb website, or by calling Customer Service at 751-7400. They will receive an email when the request has been seen and assigned by the department, and when the issue has been resolved. Should the requested issue not be a service provided by Macon-Bibb County, Customer Service will try to refer it to the proper agency for resolution.
“I’m proud of what our Customer Service team and departments have accomplished the past few years to provide better, easier access to city-county services,” says Chris Floore with Macon-Bibb’s Office of Public Affairs. “This type of service request – easy to use at any time and to get updates on progress – is what people deserve from their local government.”
About the Office of Public Affairs
The Office of Public Affairs is responsible for managing a two-way communication program designed to educate the community about improvement efforts by Macon-Bibb and partner organizations and give people a way to provide feedback and have their questions answered and concerns addressed. It includes public & media relations, multimedia & graphic design services, MaconBibbTV, online communications & social media, and customer service.
Since consolidation in 2014, the Office of Public Affairs has earned multiple national recognitions, including:
- multiple rankings by SeeClickFix as one of the top teams for customer service in the country for processing and closing nearly 15,000 service requests every year;
- four from the National Association of County Information Officers (NACIO) for the Solid Waste Services Change Infographic, the Public Affairs Annual Report, Tropical Storm Irma Debris Collection Infographic, and for departmental logos;
- two from PR Daily for the Women of Macon-Bibb Instagram Campaign and Public Affairs Annual Report;
- Macon-Bibb’s Forward Together Strategic Plan earned a national award from 3CMA;
- Floore being named Government Communicator of the Year in 2019 and a top 3 finalist in 2018 by PR News, earning an ACE Award from PR Daily as the top Government Communications/Public Affairs Professional in the country, and Communicator of the Year by the City-County Communications & Marketing Association (3CMA) in 2015, and being named a finalist for the same award twice by the National Association of Government Communicators; and
- Floore being included on ELGL’s annual Traeger List of Top Local Government Influencers three consecutive years.
To view videos produced by MaconBibbTV – including Commission Meetings, public forums, and the work done by the government and other organizations to improve the community – click here. To contact Customer Service to ask a question or report an issue, call 478-751-7400 or use SeeClickFix on the Macon-Bibb website or your cell phone. To stay informed, check MaconBibbTV regularly, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and check the News section of our website for the latest news and announcements.