Public Works removes first commercial building in #BlightFight

August 27, 2021

Published by

On Thursday, August 26, Public Works continued Macon-Bibb’s Blight Fight by tearing down the first commercial property included in this initiative. The crew removed the structure at 3527 Brookdale Avenue from the neighborhood.
“I’m excited that we were able to take down the first commercial property so far,” said Public Works Director Tim Wilder. “There’s still a long way to go, but each demolition is a step in the right direction. We’re proud to support our community by cleaning it up and making it safer.”
“This is another step towards making our community safer and cleaner, and we’re going to keep pushing forward to remove more and more blight,” said Mayor Lester Miller. “We have already removed more blight in the past few months than the past several years, and I’m proud of the work of all our departments that are working together to make this happen.”
This demolition is number 54 in the Blight Fight. Once the second round is complete, Macon-Bibb will have removed nearly 80 dilapidated and dangerous houses from neighborhoods.

More News Like This

Proposed FY27 Budget presented with increased departmental funding, no millage increase

Emily Hopkins May 19, 2026
Learn More
Mayor Lester Miller to propose FY27 Budget Tuesday

Emily Hopkins May 19, 2026
Learn More
Macon-Bibb funds Habitat for Humanity for two new homes

Emily Hopkins May 15, 2026
Learn More

Was this page helpful?
TOP