At the July 20, 2021 Macon-Bibb County Commission Meeting, the Board voted on a slew of items. Prior to the votes, there was a proclamation recognizing July as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) Mental Health Awareness Month. You can view that proclamation at the 2:00 minute mark in this video. There, you can also watch the full meeting. Click each item below to learn more and read the full resolution.
Here’s a rundown of approved items from the meeting.
- Alcohol license for Sprint 5 located at 3927 Napier Ave.
- Alcohol license denial for Kitchen Pride
- Dedicating part of Bloomfield Road to Dr. Estelle M. Good
- An agreement for a new Solid Waste Convenience Center
- Medical and Mental Health Care for inmates
- Adding an OLOST (Other Local Option Sales Tax) to the ballot in November this year
Commissioners also approved several items for American Rescue Plan funds. The money is from the Federal Government to alleviate the impact of losses from the COVID-19 pandemic. Click each one to learn more.
- $1 million for housing support to NewTown Macon
- $600,000 for housing support to Historic Macon Foundation
- $5 million for blight elimination and construction of affordable housing
- $4 million in support of the Brookdale Resource Center
- $3 million to aid travel, tourism, and hospitality industries
- $1 million for support in food desert areas
- $1 million to support the Middle Georgia Food Bank
- $500,000 to neighborhood food distribution
- $2 million to community violence intervention
Consent Agenda Items:
New Alcohol Licenses
- Aladdin Food Management Services, LLC at 100 University Parkway (Middle GA State University)
- Jim Shaw’s Seafood at 3040 Vineville Ave.
- Spring 15 at 15 Spring St.
- Exxon Food Mart at 2311 Pio Nono Ave.
For referral to Committee of the Whole:
- An agreement to manage the Macon-Bibb County Vacant and Foreclosed Property Registry
- A code amendment for the annual registration of vacant and foreclosed properties
- An agreement for playground equipment at the Village Green park and Booker T. Washington Center
Commission meetings are at 6 p.m. on the first and third Tuesdays each month. Committee Meetings, where these items are brought forth for discussion, are at 9 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays each month. You can watch these meetings live on our Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/MaconBibbCounty or on our website at www.MaconBibb.us.