The Macon-Bibb County Board of Commissioners held its regularly-scheduled Board Meeting on Tuesday, June 1, 2021. The following items were approved. Click each one for more information and to see the full resolution.
- James R. Davis to the Macon-Bibb Board of Tax Assessors
- George Greer to the Central Georgia Joint Development Authority
• Auditing services with Mauldin and Jenkins, Certified Public Accountants and Consultants, LLC were approved for $120,000.
• Commissioners approved a contract with Sheridan Construction for services related to the City Auditorium plan. The cost of these services is $518,167.24.
• Commissioners agreed to a budget transfer within the District Attorney’s Office. The $31,000 will pay for additional staffing costs.
• Commissioners introduced a scrap tire management ordinance to try and cut down on the number of illegal dump sites. Read more about it here.
• The Board agreed to amend sections of the County Code to clarify language relating to the Redevelopment Tax Incentive Program in an effort to cut back on commercial blight.
• Commissioners approved the Economic and Community Development Department’s budgets for Fiscal Year 2022. This includes the departmental budget, the Emergency Solutions Grant Budget, and the Community Development Block Grant budget.
• The Board also approved funding from the CARES Act to provide financial relief to people due to COVID-19 issues.
• The Commission also approved a new fee schedule for the Lake Tobesofkee Recreation Area.
The Board of Commissioners meets for a full meeting at 6 p.m. on the first and third Tuesdays of each month. Committee Meetings, where the items are discussed in depth, are at 9 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesdays each month. You can watch all these meetings live on our Facebook page and at MaconBibb.us.
Click here to watch the most recent meeting.