1. Notice is hereby given that the Macon-Bibb County Board of Commissioners will receive sealed bids in the Procurement Department, Suite 308, Macon-Bibb Government Center, 700 Poplar Street, Macon, Georgia 31201, until 12:00 o’clock NOON at the time legally prevailing in Macon, Georgia on Thursday, March 4, 2021 for Right of Way Spraying for the Macon-Bibb County Engineering Department, Macon, Bibb County, Georgia.
2. NO BIDS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DESIGNATED TIME.
3. Bids will be publicly opened in the Macon-Bibb County Procurement Department Conference Room on Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 2:00 pm.
4. Minority, Women Owned and other Disadvantaged Business Enterprises are encouraged to participate in the solicitation process. Additionally, respondents are encouraged to use M/W/DBE subcontractors where possible. Small and other disadvantaged businesses requiring assistance with the competitive process can contact Charise Stephens, Director of Small Business Affairs, at (478) 803-2819 or email@example.com
B. Bid Documents
1. Bid documents may be examined and obtained at the Macon-Bibb County Procurement Department, Suite 308, Government Center, 700 Poplar Street, Macon, Georgia 31201, by calling (478) 803-0554, or may be viewed and downloaded from one of the links included below:
Georgia Procurement Registry website http://ssl.doas.state.ga.us/PRSapp/PR_custom_index.jsp?agency=61100
Macon-Bibb County Procurement Page www.maconbibb.us/procurement
2. This solicitation is also being simultaneously published in the Macon Telegraph pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 32-4-35.
A Pre-bid conference is scheduled for 9:00 o’clock a.m., Tuesday, February 23, 2021, in the Commission Conference Room 203 located at 700 Poplar Street, Macon, GA 31201. This pre-bid is mandatory; contractor must be present in order to submit a response.
D. Bid Bond
1. Bids, in order to be considered, shall be accompanied by a bid bond, payable to the Owner, in amount not less than five-percent (5%) of the total base bid.
a) This bid security shall become payable to the Owner only if the bidder, to whom award is made, should fail to execute a contract with the Owner and furnish bond and insurance in accordance with terms of the contract within ten (10) days after notification of award.
b) Contractor may submit a cashier’s check or certified check for not less than 5% of the total base bid. The check must be made out to “Macon-Bibb County” and include the bid number in the memo line of the check. Personal checks, business checks, and cash are strictly prohibited.