At the March 6 meeting, commissioners voted to amend the 2018 voter-approved SPLOST project timeline to include funding for debt retirement. Click here to read that commission resolution.

A plan was approved to build a bicycle trail at Lake Tobesofkee’s Arrowhead Park (pictured above.) The board agreed to spend $80,000 on that project. You can read more about it here.

Streets and crosswalks at several locations will soon be repaired. Commissioners passed a plan to spend $453,752.80 with Zaveri Enterprises, Inc. for the repair work. 70% of that will come from Local Maintenance Improvement Grants, and the remaining 30%. It will cover street concrete repairs on Old Forsyth Road, Park Street, Anthony Road, Stanislaus Circle, and Hillandale Circle. Crews will also repair three brick crosswalks at the intersection of MLK Jr. Blvd. and Cherry Street. Click here to read the full scope of this project.