SERVING THE NEEDS OF THE COMMUNITY
Rebecca L. Grist
Room 504, Bibb County Courthouse
601 Mulberry Street
Macon, GA 31201
Phone: (478) 621-6572
Fax: (478) 621-6339
Many citations in Municipal Court do not require a court appearance by the defendant if the citation is uncontested and the defendant chooses to pay the associated fine. Most county ordinance violations do not require an appearance. There are some more serious traffic violations which will require the defendant to appear in court. Examples of violations which will require a court appearance are Driving While License Suspended, Leaving the Scene of an Accident (Hit and Run), and Driving without Insurance. All citations issued to drivers under the age of 21 will require a court appearance.
To find out if a court appearance may be unnecessary, call Municipal Court at 478-751-7154.
Click here to pay Municipal Court fines or check fine amounts.
If you would like to speak with a prosecutor regarding your citation, email MunicipalCourtProsecutor@maconbibb.us
- Not all Municipal Court citations require a court appearance.
- If your citation is payable, the court date on the ticket is the day that the fine is due.
- If you were arrested and released on a bond, the date given on your bond sheet is your court date.
- No trials are scheduled on your initial court date.
- To contest your citation and schedule a trial, you must show up on your initial court date.
- If you receive more than one citation on the same date and time, both have to be paid at the same time.