1. Notice is hereby given that the Macon-Bibb County Urban Development Authority (the “Owner”) will receive sealed bids in the offices of the Macon-Bibb County Urban Development Authority, 200 Cherry Street, Suite 100, Macon, Georgia 31201, until 12:00 noon at the time legally prevailing in Macon, Georgia on Monday, August 19, 2019.
2. NO BIDS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THIS DESIGNATED TIME.
3. Bids will be publicly opened in the Macon-Bibb County Urban Development Authority offices, 200 Cherry Street, Suite 100, Macon, Georgia 31201, on Monday, August 19, 2019 at 2:00 o’clock p.m.
4. Minority, Women Owned, and other Disadvantaged Business Enterprises are encouraged to participate in the solicitation process. Additionally, respondents are encouraged to use M/W/DBE subcontractors where possible. Small and other disadvantaged businesses requiring assistance with the competitive process can contact the Office of Small Business Affairs at (478) 803-0366.
B. Bid Documents
1. Bid documents may be examined and obtained at the Macon-Bibb County Urban Development Authority, 200 Cherry Street, Suite 100, Macon, Georgia 31201, by calling (478) 621-2005, or may be viewed and downloaded from one of the links included below:
Georgia Procurement Registry website:
Macon-Bibb County Urban Development Authority website:
Macon-Bibb County website:
A pre-bid conference is scheduled for 1:00 o’clock p.m., Friday, July 26, 2019 in the Macon-Bibb County Urban Development Authority offices located at 200 Cherry Street, Suite 100, Macon, GA 31201. This pre-bid conference is mandatory; contractors must be present in order to submit a response.
D. Bid Bond
1. Bids, in order to be considered, shall be accompanied by a bid bond, payable to the Owner, in an amount not less than five-percent (5%) of the total base bid.
a) This bid security shall become payable to the Owner only if the bidder, to whom award is made, should fail to execute a contract with the Owner and furnish bond and insurance in accordance with terms of the contract within ten (10) days after notification of award.
E. Sealed Bids
1. Envelopes shall be identified on the outside as
“Bid UDA 7-2019-2 – Central City Commons – DT Walton Parking Garage Construction”
and delivered by hand or mailed to:
Macon-Bibb County Urban Development Authority
200 Cherry Street, Suite 100
Macon, Georgia 31201