Business Development ServicesHelping to build a better community.
Important Message Regarding Alcohol & Business Licensing:
The Macon-Bibb Tax Commissioner’s Office has assumed the responsibilities for the processing of initial and renewal applications for all alcohol, business and privilege licenses. Business Development Services will no longer process applications related to these license types. To access information about the online application process and general information, please visit www.maconbibbtax.us and click on the Alcohol & Business Licensing tab on the menu.
Business Development Services
200 Cherry Street, Suite 202
Macon, GA 31201
Phone: (478) 803-0470
Fax: (478) 745-6358
Property Maintenance: 8:00-5:00
Permit Processing: 8:30 – 4:30
License Processing: 8:30 – 4:30
7:30 – 8:30am and 3:30 – 4:00pm
Business Development Services
- Issues and maintains construction permits
- Reviews plans, specifications and construction documents for code compliance
- Performs field investigations and inspections for code compliance
- Issues Certificates of Occupancy
- Accepts applications for occupational taxes
- Accepts applications for privilege licenses (alcohol, special events, etc.)
- Collects revenues for above taxes and licenses
Property Maintenance Division
- Ensures compliance with the International Property Maintenance Code
- Maintains the Foreclosed and Vacant Property Registration Program
- Works with residents, businesses, and contractors to ensure properties are properly maintained and cared for.
Macon-Bibb County maintains a listing of archived construction and trade permits. Click here to go to the search page for permits issued by Business Development Services.
Owners and contractors are responsible for obtaining appropriate permits from the Business Development Services prior to starting construction or renovations on a building.
If you are unsure if a permit is required, you can contact Business Development Services directly or review the Administrative Codes by clicking here.
Instructions on how to complete the Macon-Bibb County Vacant and Foreclosed Property Registration form.
Macon-Bibb County ordinances Chapter 6, Article IV, Sec. 6-70 thru 6-80 describes the purpose and requirements to complete the Vacant and Foreclosed Property registration. Below is a short summary: Sec. 6-73 requires any owner or agents of foreclosed real property OR vacant real property to register within 30 days of the property becoming foreclosed or vacant, and Sec. 6-76 requires a one-time registration and beginning September 01, 2018, an administration fee of one hundred dollars ($100.00) for each structure on the parcel. As of January 1, 2014, the ordinance applies to the new jurisdiction of Macon-Bibb County, Georgia, which includes both the former City of Macon and the former Bibb County governments. Please fill out the attached form (found HERE) with the following information:
- The real owners name, street address, mailing address, phone number, facsimile number, and e-mail address;
- The agent’s name, street address, mailing address, phone number, facsimile number, and e-mail address;
- The real property’s street address and tax parcel number;
- The transfer date of the instrument conveying the real property to the owner; and
- At such time as it becomes available, recording information, including deed book and page numbers, of the instrument conveying the real property to the owner.
Send the completed form(s) and check(s), made payable to Macon-Bibb County, to:Business Development Services Attention: Property Maintenance Division 200 Cherry Street; Suite 202 Macon, GA 31201 Ph: 478-803-0470