Business Development ServicesHelping to build a better community.
Ricky Fuller, Sr.
Business Development Services
200 Cherry Street, Suite 202
Macon, GA 31201
Phone: (478) 803-0470
Fax: (478) 745-6358
Property Maintenance: 8:00-5:00
Permit Processing: 8:30 – 4:30
License Processing: 8:30 – 4:30
7:30 – 8:30am and 3:30 – 4:00pm
Business Development Services
Duties of the department of Business Development Services, which encompasses:
- Issues and maintains construction permits
- Reviews plans, specifications and construction documents for code compliance
- Performs field investigations and inspections for code compliance
- Issues Certificates of Occupancy
- Accepts applications for occupational taxes
- Accepts applications for privilege licenses (alcohol, special events, etc.)
- Collects revenues for above taxes and licenses
Property Maintenance Division
- Ensures compliance with the International Property Maintenance Code
- Maintain the Foreclosed and Vacant Property Registration Program
- Works with residents, businesses and contractors to ensure properties are properly maintained and cared for.
Ricky Fuller Interim Director
Andy Pitrowski Mechanical Inspector
Audrey Stallion Interim Application Specialist
Daniel Brown Plans Examiner
Deidre Alava Abatement Officer I
Diane Jackson Administrative Assistant
Emory Yarbrough Chief Building Inspector
Greg Howard Chief Mechanical Inspector
Jason Woodward Plumbing Inspector
John Baker Building Abatement Manager
Jonathan Chambless Building Inspector
Kathy Shinholster Interim Administrative Services Manager
Kevin Kent Electrical Inspector
Lekitte Robinson Abatement Officer I
LaTosha Collins Interim Application Specialist
Michael Barnes Chief Electrical Inspector
Richard A. Powell Demolition Coordinator
Scott Dibble Plumbing Inspector
Tonya Davis Application Specialist
Tscharner Ryder Abatement Officer I
William C. Mander, Jr. Abatement Officer I
Macon-Bibb County maintains a listing of construction and trade permits issued in real time. Click here to go to the search page for permits issued by Business Development Services.
PUBLIC PERMIT SEARCH On April 14th, 2014 we moved our permitting process to a new system.
Instructions on how to complete the Macon-Bibb County Georgia Vacant and Foreclosed Property Ordinance.
Macon-Bibb County ordinances Chapter 6, Article IV, Sec. 6-70 thru 6-80 describes the purpose and requirements to complete the Vacant and Foreclosed Property Ordinance. Below is a short summary: Sec. 6-73 requires any owner or agents of foreclosed real property OR vacant real property to register within 30 days of the property becoming foreclosed or vacant, and Sec. 6-76 requires a one-time registration and administration fee of ten dollar ($10.00) for each structure on the parcel. As of January 1, 2014, the ordinance now applies to the new jurisdiction of the city Macon-Bibb County, Georgia, which now includes both the former City of Macon and the former Bibb County governments. Please fill out the attached form (found HERE) with the following information:
- The real owners name, street address, mailing address, phone number, facsimile number, and e-mail address;
- The agent’s name, street address, mailing address, phone number, facsimile number, and e-mail address;
- The real property’s street address and tax parcel number;
- The transfer date of the instrument conveying the real property to the owner; and
- At such time as it becomes available, recording information, including deed book and page numbers, of the instrument conveying the real property to the owner.
Send the check(s), made out to Macon-Bibb County and the completed form to:Department of Business Development Services Attention: Property Maintenance Division 200 Cherry Street; Suite 300 Macon, GA 31201 Ph: 478-751-7192