2525 Pio Nono Avenue, Suite 1200
Macon, Georgia 31206
(478) 621 6622
Please submit all Absentee Ballot Application request by fax to 478-621-6119, by email to email@example.com. Do not submit absentee ballot application requests to the Elections Supervisor. Thank you!
Mail Absentee Ballot request to: P.O. Box 6297 Macon, GA 31208
Voters may vote in person at the Macon-Bibb County Board of Elections office located at 2525 Pio Nono Avenue, Suite 1200, Macon, GA 31206
Board Meeting Information
The Board of Elections consists of a five member Board. Two members are appointed by the Republican Party – Two members by the Democratic Party – A fifth member shall be appointed by the Macon-Bibb County Commission from a list of nominees voted on by a majority of the four partisan appointees. Members are appointed for two year terms. Board Meetings are held the third Thursday** of each month at 4:00 p.m. at the Macon-Bibb County Board of Elections Office located at 2525 Pio Nono Ave, Suite 1200, Macon, GA.
**In months which an election is held the Board Meetings are held at 5:30 PM on the Friday following the election. **
Please Note: Meetings are subject to change, please call 478-621-6622 to verify date and time.
Macon-Bibb County Board of Elections (new office location at) 2525 Pio Nono Avenue, Suite 1200.
VOTER ID REFERENCE SHEET
Voters who cast their votes in person must show one of six forms of photo identification. If the voter votes BY MAIL, they DO NOT need a photo ID. Photo ID rules ONLY APPLY to IN-PERSON voting by absentee, advance voting or at the polling place on Election Day.
- A current or expired Georgia driver’s license (or Department of Driver Services identification card);
- A valid United States military photo identification card;
- A valid photo identification card issued by any branch, department agency, or entity of the United States, Georgia, or any other state authorized by law to issue personal identification, including a FREE Georgia Voter Identification Card;
- A valid employee photo identification card issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the United States, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority of other entity of Georgia;
- A valid United States passport; or
- A valid tribal photo identification card.
Any elector who registered for the first time in Georgia by mail, and did not provide identification at the time of registering may provide one of the six (6) items of photo identification listed above, or for the electors first time voting, may provide one of the following forms of identification: copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of elector.
IF ELECTOR CANNOT PROVIDE ANY OF THE ABOVE LISTED ID’S THEY MAY VOTE A PROVISIONAL BALLOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH O.C.G.A. 21-2-220 and 21-2-417.
If the voter does not have a Georgia driver’s license, or other qualified ID, they can obtain either a FREE Georgia Identification Card from the Department of Driver Services or a FREE Georgia Voter Identification Card at their county registrar’s office. Just contact the Macon-Bibb County Board of Elections located at 2525 Pio Nono Ave., Ste 1200, Macon, GA 31206. Office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday. For more information call 478-621-6622 or go to www.GaPhotoID.com.
In order to get a FREE Georgia Voter Identification Card, a voter will need to provide the following:
- A photo identity document, or a non-photo identity document (must include voter’s full legal name and date of birth); and
- Documentation showing the voter’s date of birth; and
- Evidence that voter is registered to vote in Georgia; and
- Documentation showing the voter’s name and address of principal residence.
The voter may use the same document to satisfy more than one of the above requirements. For additional information, please visit the Secretary of State’s web page at www.sos.state.ga.us
Registration & Qualifications
Qualifications for Registering and Voting
(NOTE: False information on a registration is a felony.)
- A citizen of the United States.
- At least 18 years of age on date of election; 17 ½ at registration.
- A resident of Georgia (Bibb County). No standard length of residency is required.
- No felony conviction – unless rights have been restored.
- Mentally sound.
Voter Registration forms are available at:
Board of Elections
2525 Pio Nono Avenue, Ste 1200, Macon, Georgia 31206
Mon-Fri 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
Phone: (478) 621-6622
Fax: (478) 621-6119
Macon-Bibb County Government Center
700 Poplar Street Macon, Ga 31201
Mon-Fri 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
Phone: (478) 751-7400
All Public Libraries
Department Family & Children Services
Drivers License Bureau
Registration is permanent if you: (A voter must vote once every three years to remain active)
Notify the Board of Elections of a change of address within Bibb County. Notify the Board of Elections if you change your name. (NOTE: Upon registration in Bibb County, previous registration will be cancelled.) A separate registration for city elections is not required.
Voter registration cutoff is always thirty (30) days before date of primaries or general elections. Date varies for special elections.
Where to Vote
All requests for absentee ballots must state:
- Which election ballot is requested for: (If a primary election, request must choose Democrat or Republican ballot.)
- Name and address as registered.
- Date of birth.
- Address for delivery of ballot.
- Signature of applicant.
Any elector who is unexpectedly hospitalized on the day of an election may call the Board of Elections (621-6622) by noon, and an absentee ballot will be delivered to the elector.
Relatives may request absentee ballots for electors temporarily out of the county or physically disabled by submitting an absentee application in person or by mail to the Board of Elections.
To print out an Absentee Ballot Application, please go to the State of GA My Voter Page.
Use the following link to pull up the Absentee Ballot Application: Mail In Absentee Ballot Application.
The application may be filled out and printed from this page. You may mail the completed application to:
Macon-Bibb County Board of Elections
P.O. Box 6297
Macon, GA 31208
or fax it to (478) 621-6119. Absentee Applications must be received by the Board of Elections office no later than 5:30 PM the Friday preceding each election.
Advance Early Voting Count
No Elections Scheduled for 2017