Please feel to review the following information on how to become a Macon-Bibb County Board of Elections Poll Worker. You can download the PDF Application here:
Please click here to open and download the PDF version of the Application: Election Poll Worker Application
BOARD OF ELECTIONS
FORM CREATED 08/03/2017
POLL WORKER APPLICANTS
Are you interested in serving your community, making new friends, and earning extra money? Do you possess computer skills? Apply to become one of the many civic-minded citizens who work at the polls on Election Day. The Macon-Bibb County Board of Elections office is seeking highly motivated dependable individuals to work from 6:00 a.m. until closing of your precinct on Election Day.
The close of the polling location will vary depending on the election & voters’ turnout. Here are the election types: Primary, General and Special:
- Primary closing usually around 8:30 p.m.
- General closing usually around 9:00 p.m.
- Special closing usually around 8:15 p.m.
You must serve ALL Voters that are present at the polling location before & by 7 p.m.
The polling location closing schedule is an estimated time and voters’ turnout will be a factor!
Working as a Poll Worker will not affect government benefits such as social security or public aide and “Is Not Reported to the IRS, unless you earn $600.00 or more per year as a poll worker.”
ALL WORKERS MUST COMPLETE:
- Macon-Bibb County Board of Elections’ Poll Worker application
- Provide Identification
- Completes the Poll Worker training before each Primary, General and Special election
- Must receive the mandatory training before a work assignment is granted
- Poll workers must perform the various tasks needed for working at the poll
- Receive voting equipment training
- Attend additional training set by Elections Supervisor when necessary.
- Poll Worker training is mandatory and is paid $50 once per election listed here above. If you do not work on the Election Day, your training pay will be forfeited!
This acknowledges that you have been provided the Poll Worker duties, guidelines and requirements.
We strive for excellence in providing service to The Macon-Bibb County community and ALL constituents of the State of Georgia “EVERY VOTE MATTERS”