At the Macon-Bibb County Commission Meeting on June 18, 2019, Minister Belvin D. Ware, Servant Leader of Children, Youth, and Young Adults for Macedonia Baptist Church, delivered the invocation. 4H students Jasmine Mart and Zoe Economides led those in attendance in the Pledge of Allegiance. Thank you to them for taking part in local government.
Macon-Bibb County employees raised $24,661.12 for United Way of Central Georgia. They presented a check to United Way at the meeting. All the money raised stays here in Middle Georgia to help those in need.
Commissioners approved an 8% hotel/motel tax.
The Board approved a resolution to include July 5th as a holiday for all applicable Macon-Bibb employees.
Commissioners approved transferring the Tom Fontaine Ballpark to the Bibb County Board of Education.
The Board approved an amendment which allows for the acceptance of Special Event Permit Applications any time prior to an event date.
Commissioners approved $47,128 in Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax (SPLOST) funds towards the design of a new softball complex in Central City Park.
Commissioners accepted three grants:
- State of Georgia Council of Accountability Courts Judges Funding Committee grant for $204,332 (plus $22,704 local match) for the Macon Judicial Circuit Veterans Court
- Georgia Office of the Governor Criminal Justice Coordinating Council grant for $107,639 grant (plus $11,906 local match) for the Macon Judicial Circuit Adult Felony Drug Court
- State of Georgia Office of the Governor Criminal Justice Coordinating Council grant for $259,540 (plus $28,838 local match) for the Macon Judicial Circuit Adult Mental Health Court.
Commissioners accepted a grant agreement with the US Department of Transportation to pay for commercial air service out of the Middle Georgia Regional Airport, an agreement with Contour Airlines to provide commercial service, and an agreement to lease terminal space at the airport to Contour. Click each item to read the corresponding resolution.
- Payment for cloud hosting and disaster recovery services in the Macon-Bibb IT Department
- Transfer of funds from the budget to the IT Department
- Transfer of funds for extra storage and data-backup components
Commissioners approved the purchase of a cargo van from the Macon Water Authority.
The Board approved a $180,000 expenditure for new aerial drone imaging of Macon-Bibb County.
Commissioners approved a policy revision which appoints an engineering and architecture firm for all road projects.
The Board appointed William Shurling III to serve as an associate judge for the Macon-Bibb County Municipal Court.
Commissioners passed a resolution allowing alcoholic beverages to be consumed in designated areas during Bragg Jam 2019. Click here to read that resolution and click here to visit Bragg Jam’s website.
The Board approved installing a street light on Shirley Court.
Commissioners approved the construction of a solar canopy project at the Macon Coliseum to provide solar power to the Centreplex.
The Board approved a quitclaim deed for 5748 Whippoorwill Drive.
Commissioners approved Safebuilt Georgia to conduct additional plan examination services.
We live stream our county commission meetings every first and third Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m. You can watch live on our Facebook page, and on channel 14.