INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS TO BIDDERS
1. Invitation for Bids: This Invitation for Bids (“IFB”) is for qualified Bidders (“Bidder” or “Bidders”) to provide the construction for the Widening and Reconstruction of Jeffersonville Rd from S.R. 3/Emery Hwy to Recreation Rd and Millerfield Rd from Jeffersonville Rd to Bristol Dr in Bibb County, Georgia. A detailed Scope of Work is set forth in this IFB
2. Solicitation Method: This solicitation is being conducted in accordance with all applicable provisions of the Macon-Bibb County Code of Ordinances. By submitting a Bid in reference to this solicitation, a Bidder acknowledges that it is familiar with all laws applicable to this solicitation, including, but not limited to, the County’s Code of Ordinances, which laws are incorporated into this IFB by reference.
3. Minimum Qualifications: Each Bidder and team member shall have the minimum experience set forth in this IFB. Bidders submitting a bid in excess of $2,000,000 must be prequalified with GDOT. Bidders submitting a bid $2,000,000 or less must be either a prequalified contractor or a registered subcontractor with GDOT.
4. Certificate of Authority to Transact Business in Georgia: Each Bidder must submit documentation that demonstrates it is duly authorized to conduct business in the State of Georgia with its bid. This requirement also applies to Joint Venture (JV) Team Members, Sub-Consultants and Sub-Contractors.
5. Business License: Bidder is requested to submit a copy of its current, valid business license with its Bid. If the Bidder is a Georgia corporation, Bidder is requested to submit a valid county or city business license. If Bidder is a joint venture, Bidder is requested to submit valid business licenses for each member of the joint venture. If the Bidder is not a Georgia corporation, Bidder is requested to submit a Certificate of Authority to Transact Business in the State of Georgia and a copy of its current, valid business license issued by its home jurisdiction.
6. Professional License: Proponent must attach a copy of any professional license required by this IFB with its response.
7. General Contractor’s License: Bidders responding to this IFB must provide a copy of its current Georgia General Contractor’s License as required by O.C.G.A. § 43-41-6, et seq. The Georgia General Contractor’s License must be issued in the name of the Bidder or in the name of its qualifying agent. If a proposed Bidder is relying upon a qualifying agent’s Georgia General Contractor’s License, then the name of the proposed Bidder must be set forth on the license as an affiliated business organization/dependent licensee. All licenses must be current, valid, and issued in compliance with applicable law. Failure to provide this license with the Bid will result in the proposed Bid being deemed non-responsive.
8. No Offer by County and Firm Offer by Bidder: This solicitation does not constitute an offer by County to enter into an agreement and cannot be accepted by any Bidder to form an agreement. This solicitation is only an invitation for offers from interested Bidders and no offer shall bind County. A Bidder’s offer is a firm offer and may not be withdrawn except as provided in this IFB, and in the County’s Code of Ordinances and other applicable law.
9. Bid Duration: Bids submitted in response to this IFB must be valid for a period of One Hundred and Twenty (120) calendar days from the Bid Submission Deadline and must be marked as such.
10. Bid Submission Deadline: Responses to this IFB will be received by the Macon-Bibb County Board of Commissioners Procurement Department, 700 Poplar Street, Suite 308, Macon Georgia 31201, until 12:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time (E.S.T.) on Thursday, March 08, 2018. Late bids will not be considered. Envelopes shall be identified on the outside as
“Bid #18-026-CW – Widening and Reconstruction of Jeffersonville Road” and delivered by hand or mailed to:
Macon-Bibb County Procurement Department
700 Poplar Street, Suite 308
Macon, Georgia 31201
11. Pre-Bid Conference: Each Bidder, or its representative, is required to attend the Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference scheduled for Thursday, February 08, 2018, at 10:00 a.m. ET at the Macon-Bibb County Engineering Conference Room located at 780 Third Street, Macon, GA 31201. During the Pre-Bid Conference, the general requirements of the project will be discussed. Any additional questions raised by potential Bidders will be discussed. Verbal answers to questions during the Pre-Bid Conference will not be authoritative. Each Bidder must be fully informed regarding all existing and expected conditions and matters which might affect the cost or performance of the Services. It should be emphasized, however, that nothing stated or discussed during the course of this conference shall be considered to modify, alter or change the requirement of the solicitation documents, unless it shall be subsequently incorporated into an addendum to the solicitation documents.
12. Solicitation Questions; Prohibited Contacts: Any questions regarding this IFB should be submitted in writing to Chauncey Wilmore, Senior Procurement Officer, Macon-Bibb County Procurement Department, 700 Popular Street, Macon, Georgia, 31201, or by email to email@example.com , on or before Friday, February 16, 2018 by 12:00 pm E.S.T. Questions received after the designated period may not be considered. Any response made by the County will be provided in writing to all Bidders by addendum. It is the responsibility of each Bidder to obtain a copy of any Addendum issued for this solicitation by monitoring the County’s website at: www.maconbibb.us/purchasing No Bidder may rely on any verbal response to any question submitted concerning this IFB. All Bidders and representatives of Bidders are strictly prohibited from contacting any other County employees, County Officials, Elected Officials or any third-party representatives of the County on any matter having to do with this IFB. All communications by any Bidder concerning this IFB must be made to the Macon-Bibb County Procurement Department.